Tuesday 26 April 2011

Look What the Easter Bunny Brought!

We don't do chocolate and candies at Easter in our house.  This year now that L is reading we did an egg scavenger hunt.  Each egg had a clue inside telling L where to go next.  Along the way there were things beside the eggs to give L clues of what would be the final "treasure".
Here she is reading her clue and finding a library book on Bettas.  Hmmm......
She also found a little fish net and some Betta food.
Anyone know where I'm going with this.....

 Remember this?
 Well it's now home to "Charlotte" the male Siamese Fighting Fish.  Proudly named by L while saying "no it's a girl it's a girl"  According to L she's also not a Siamese Fighting fish because she's nice.  She's just a Betta!
It was a complete joy to see the amazement and excitement on L's face when she pulled the cloth off to reveal her new fish.  L is very excited to have her own pet to take care of .  She can't wait to give Charlotte her breakfast and dinner.

3 comments:

The girl who painted trees said...

We did a scavenger hunt with clues as well. Bear loved it. My mom used to write clues for my sister and I when I was growing up and I loved it too. The last clue was Behold! He is risen. We had made a tomb out of slat dough and I hid a tiny chocolate lamb (emphasis on tiny!) inside the tomb to symbolize Jesus as the lamb of God. Bear totally got it and was happy with the single piece of (tiny) chocolate:) We don't normally ever allow candy or chocolate, so I felt it was okay to splurge on a little piece one day of the year:) Love the Betta. My husband once had one.

The girl who painted trees said...

That should say "salt", not slat!

Amanda Pedro said...

nice reuse of a good looking vessel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails