Tuesday 20 April 2010

Spring Nature Table

This months nature table has been a lot more of an organic process than some of our other ones. It kind of keeps evolving as we discover different treasures and new things start growing.

By far my favorite thing on it though are the beautiful star lanterns. I first saw these over at my favorite blog and she was kind enough to do her own tutorial on how to make them. I'm now addicted and can't stop making them : ) I'm looking forward to the summer when I can put them all around the garden and light them up at night.

These ones remind me of waterlilies in this photo. We put electric candles in them for safety sake and L is fascinated. What a wondrous glow they produce when we turn them on every night.

4 comments:

Ariella said...

Yay! The lanterns look beautiful! I too think they look like lily or lotus flowers. I used them as birthday decorations for my daughter whose name is Lotus, they looked so pretty all over the house for her party.

Glad you were able to follow the tutorial. They look great on your nature table!

xoxoxo

Counting Coconuts said...

Oh my friend these are LOVELY! Well done! I *must* try to make these lanterns too - thank you so much for telling me about Childhood Magic (our not so secret happy place!) - I love love love her blog!

Also, I just wanted to give you an e-hug and pat on the back for making the Top 50 Must-Read Montessori Blogs list!

Hugs!
Mari-Ann

Susan Smith - Starsunflower said...

Oh your post is so fun and inspiring. My son loves origami. I bookmarked the link so he and I can make them together. Awesome. :)

Foreword from the Reader said...

I know this post is old but I was looking for some inspiration on the internet for our Spring table. And I foun some when I came across your blog!!! My table is a bit bare and plain compared to it so I will have to work a bit more on it. Thanks for sharing this with us. Check out what we have done so far and please leave any suggestions you may have.
http://theguilletots.blogspot.com/2011/03/our-spring-table-of-interest.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails