Wednesday 4 November 2009

L's Spooktacular Halloween/Birthday Party Part One

I think I was truly blessed when my daughter was born so close to Halloween. Anyone who knows me knows I go a bit mad and absolutely LOVE Halloween parties. Since this would be L's last birthday in England I thought I would go all out. What fun!

We decided to have a night party and luckily the weather cooperated so we could have most of it outside. Here is L in her giraffe costume. The bizarre thing is that when I asked what she wanted to be she said "a giraffe" and I thought oh ya sure. Well the next day when I was talking to my mom she was so excited to tell me that she found a costume for L and yes wonder of wonders it was a giraffe. If only everything in life was so easy : )

We had lots of games set up outside. Here is the ghost skittle area.


A spooky center piece for the adults buffet table inspired by Chasing Cheerios.

and the piece de resistance.... the spider pinata. Here it is hung up inside


and here it is in action. The kids had a go and then we blindfolded the dads who all had a go. What fun.







2 comments:

Anne said...

The party looks like it was a blast! Nothing could be better than a Halloween birthday. That spider pinata turned out great, too - I love the way it looks hanging from the ceiling!

deeps said...

its awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails